Viberg is a leading luxury footwear manufacturer based in Victoria, BC. Founded in 1931, the company is now in its third generation and is entirely family owned and operated. We produce high-end casual footwear that is sold direct to consumers through Viberg.com and distributed to over 50 wholesale accounts around the globe. We are experiencing a period of growth and we are looking for capable, motivated, people to join our team on the ground level and help with the transition.
The shipper and receiver position will manage the receipt of goods, handling, distribution and storage of all freight moving through our Victoria, British Columbia warehouse. The shipping position will assist throughout our warehouse processes, including; package items, printing labels, weighing packages, organizing shipments and receiving product at our loading area. The position also includes interface with manufacturing by supplying the necessary stock materials, putting away production and accurately processing necessary paperwork.
- Perform shipping & receiving functions in the computer system, and accurately track shipments.
- Put away stock in warehouse correctly, properly allocating and picking stock for shipment, labeled inventory and placing the stock in the correct location.
- Ensure products are properly labeled when boxes are opened, and that product is protected adequately while in storage.
- Assist in truck loading and unloading. Ensure that all Bills-of-Lading, harmonization code paperwork and manifests are properly completed.
- Significant emphasis on international shipments requires familiarity with customs documentation and processes
- Ensure precautions are taken to ensure inventory security, check containers, trucks and monitor shipping company representatives during delivery or pickup.
- Follow all operating processes and use all relevant WCB safety practices.
- Maintain a clean & efficient work area at all times.
- Act as an active back up to other warehouse personnel.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED or Higher
- Excellent Communication Skills- Written, Verbal, Interpersonal, and Phone
- Ability to think analytically, with focus on problem troubleshooting
- A flexible and strong team player that can work in a fast paced environment
- Working in an office/warehouse environment
- Essential physical requirements: sitting, standing, and bending as needed
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs safely
- 2+ years relevant experience preferred
Please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com